Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to protecting it. Thanal is registered as a Charitable Trust under Indian Charitable Trust Act of 1882. And is obliged by Information Technology Act 2000.
1. What Information Do We Collect?
We collect three types of information:
- data that is automatically collected from all visitors to our website;
- personal data that visitors voluntarily submit on registration so that we can provide you with a service; and
- financial data that visitors voluntarily submit to pay a membership fee or make a donation.
2. When You Visit Our Website
- We collect some information about the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses from visitors to our website. The information that we collect includes the browsers visitors use, what time they visit and which pages are most viewed. This enables us to evaluate the website and work to improve it. We do not link any of this anonymous data with any personal data that you may provide to us.
- Our website uses Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect information about your age, gender and interests. We use this information to personalise the look and feel of the website to fit personal preferences which you have told us about. You can use Ads Settings to opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise the Google Display Network ads.
3. Personal Data Submitted On Registration
When you register with us, we collect information from which you can be personally identified (for example, your name, address and email). This personal data will be kept by Thanal in a secure environment, and will only be used in relation to your membership of our website, donations to or support for a particular programme / activity, and requests for advice or information. We do not disclose this personal data to anyone outside Thanal except as provided by paragraph 5 below.
4. Financial Data When You Donate
- When you make a donation using our website, we collect: your first and last name; your email address; your bank’s name, location, bank account number, Cheque /Demand Draft Number and Bank Transfer number.
- We do not entertain anonymous donations.
- We will only use your payment details for the purpose of processing your donation only. All of this information is securely held and will not be transferred to anyone else.
5. Using Your Information
We only disclose your personal data according to your Communications. We may however be obliged to make operational, personal or financial data accessible for compliance or legal reasons;
- to employees or operational partners of Thanal to deal with any accounts or services provided to you;
- where we are required to do so by law of Government of India.
6. Protecting Your Information
Any information that you send to us via thanal.co.in is encrypted (scrambled). We use industry standard security technology which protects your data from interception and misuse by third parties whilst it is being sent over the internet. Whenever we receive information from you, we store it with GoDaddy.com who is hosting our websites, only accessible to authorised personnel. Although we make every effort to create a secure environment for transmission of your personal information, we cannot guarantee the safety of any information you transmit online.
7. Accessing Your Information
You have the right to access information we hold on you. If any of your details are incorrect, let us know and we'll amend them right away.
8. Emails And Newsletters From Thanal.co.in
From time to time, we may send you short email alerts containing important information about our service, and newsletters with tips, stories and competitions. You will always be given the option to unsubscribe from these emails, and you may do so at any time.
9. Tell A Friend
When you provide a friend's email address for thanal.co.in to forward a web address, we guarantee that we will only use your friend's address for this purpose. We will not send them further emails unless they opt in to receive regular information from us.
10. Change Of Policy
If you have any comments or queries concerning our website or Thanal's services, please contact us